|HOW TO TELL IF YOU|
What to Do (Step 3):
- __ 1. Someone in the family is being physically or emotionally abused.
- __ 2. Alcohol or drug dependency is part of the problem.
- __ 3.Either of you is seriously depressed, or is having other serious emotional or personal problems.
- __ 4. There are sexual problems which are placing a serious strain on your relationship.
- __ 5. The problems between you have existed for a long time and seem to be getting worse.
- __ 6. You have tried almost everything you know to help improve the relationship, but nothing has worked.
- __ 7. Your children are frequently caught up in the middle of your problems or are suffering in other ways.
- __ 8. Either of you thinks marriage counseling is needed.
- __ 9. One of you has contacted a lawyer.
- __ 10. One of you is having -- or has recently had -- an affair.
- __ 11. Either of you feels locked in a power struggle you cannot resolve.
- __ 12. Either of you is unable to forgive the other for some past transgression.
- __ 13. Either of you is using outside activities (work, friends, other commitments) as an excuse not to spend time with each other.
- __ 14. The tension in your relationship is increasing rapidly.
Back to Resources